What is a Process Historian?
A Process Historian is a software program that deals with time series data. It will record manufacturing floor data over a specific amount of time from different parts of the facility for the user to analyze. Whether one chooses to analyze a valve, tank level, fan temperature, or even a CPU the customer can evaluate their efficiency, profitability, and setbacks of production.
- Analog Readings: temperature, pressure, flowrates, levels, weights
- Digital Readings: valves, limit switches, motors on/off, discreet level sensors
- Product Info: product id, batch id, material id, raw material lot id
- Quality Info: process and product limits, cusum limits
- Alarm Info: out of limits signals, return to normal signals
- Aggregate data: average, standard deviation, cpk, moving average