The Data Center
A Highly Secure former DOD/NASA Facility
As IT environments are getting increasingly more complex, hosting services can leverage the latest infrastructure along with the outsourced IT staff to support it. Businesses are increasingly choosing to outsource their IT staffing and environment so they can focus on their business.
Highly Secure Ex-NASA/DOD Facility
Our data center is in a world-class facility right in our own back-yard. On Dec 31, 2011, we moved our computer operations into the ex-NASA tracking station in Rosman, NC that has been converted into a large-scale data center:
- 33,000+ sq ft of data center ready space
- Buildings constructed to DOD standards: Raised Floors, fire protection, RF isolation
- HIPAA compliance: Access controls and Video surveillance
- 1 megawatt of backup capacity via an unlimited diesel backup
- 1 gigabit fiber internet feeds
Built for secure and reliable data hosting.
The facility’s extensive electrical and IT infrastructure, including high throughput fiber optic bandwidth and redundant power, make it an ideal space for hosting our data center. The remote location, along with continuous video surveillance, offers excellent physical and cyber security.
- Heritage: The Department of Defense originally constructed the buildings that house both of PARI’s data centers as sensitive compartmentalized information facilities for communications, computing, database storage, and laboratory functions.
- Security: Both buildings have secure entrances with audited radio-frequency identification (RFID) card access controls, intrusion alarms, and closed-circuit television (CCTV) security cameras.
- Environment: Each data center has abundant raised-floor space and carrier-grade heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment built for housing critical Department of Defense infrastructure.
- Power: Three large-capacity generators, multiple uninterruptable power supply (UPS) systems, and primary-side utility company lightning arrestors provide reliable clean power to all data center spaces. Each space can have power feeders from more than one generator and substation installed.
- Broadband: Redundant fiber optic connectivity through multiple providers and over physically disparate routes is available.
- Redundancy: Our redundant operational infrastructure, upgraded in 2011-2012 with a $1.5 million renovation funded by the National Science Foundation and PARI, provides robust and reliable operations.
- Staging and management: Office suites with one or more rooms are also available that can be set up as a staging environment, an administrative office, or a network operations center (NOC).